The customer service specialist job description calls for an individual who is well-versed in working with the public, answering questions and resolving issues. Some may work with the public face to face, but others work in call centers or even from their homes.
A customer service specialist is an individual who is responsible for handling questions, comments and complaints regarding a particular business. The ultimate goal is to provide a positive customer experience and enhance relationships between consumers and businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Customer Service Specialist
- Provides customer service in a timely manner via several means which include email, face to face interaction,telephone and live chat.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and management in order to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Analyzes complaints from customers and provides adequate resolutions.
- Tracks proposed resolutions and follows up with customers in a timely fashion.
- Prepares documents and reports for future reference.
- Trains peers in good customer service.
- Develops and maintains vast knowledge of the products and services being offered.
- Conduct surveys regarding products, services and customer service experiences.
- Communicates customer feedback to various teams—including technical and marketing departments—in order to improve the overall customer experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has a good understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to learn how to use proprietary software quickly.
- Possesses the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and via text.
- Has strong leadership skills and the ability to work with others to resolve customer complaints.
- Exhibits self-motivation, the ability to multitask and pay close attention to small details.
- Can think logically to provide answers to customer questions as well as resolutions for various issues that may arise.
- Exhibits the ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure environment.
- Displays the ability to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment.